[OpenStack-docs] [networking] Meeting minutes 10/17

Nick Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 22 13:38:39 UTC 2014

Items covered at the 10/17 meeting:

1) Sean Collins presented his findings regarding what he feels the admin
guide is lacking in terms of networking.  This was a combination of
style (items such as mismatched diagrams to be corrected in the new
guide), missing content (verified to be present in the new TOC) and a
lack of context (which was the whole point of the networking guide).
Short summary:  as currently planned, the new content will resolve the
perceived admin guide problems.

2)  Elke Vorheis presented her comparison between the standing TOC
(approved by representatives of the Networking group) and the existing
guide.  In general we agreed that we want to move forward in a
topic-based manner, which will impact the organization of the existing
guide but not the content (except to augment it, of course).

3)  Elke asked about potentially changing the Docbook forms used for the
network guide and we agreed that she would take it up with the mailing list.

4)  Action items:
     Phil Hopkins is making progress on implementing (and thus
documenting) scenario 3.
     Sean Collins will provide configuration information for scenario 4.
     Elke Vorheis will discuss the form of the documentation on the
mailing list.
     Elke will continue to work remotely will trying to get her local
setup working.

Next meeting 10/22 due to scheduling conflicts.