[OpenStack-docs] Documentation Templates

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Tue Oct 21 20:27:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Adam Lawson <alawson at aqorn.com> wrote:

> I wasn't wanting to rule out Word, only to reference it as one possibility.
>
> I was thinking of a template where I can create how-to's that reference
> code, Tips, etc. M$ doesn't have templates that do that that I've found...
>
> basically like those Dummies books.

What I'm saying is that I'd prefer you look at the outlines for Guides
already on docs.openstack.org and write to that. And then if there's
something that doesn't fit what you need you bring it up here or through
doc bug reporting.

Does that make sense?

The Dummies books, Head First books, are all the result of publishing pros
being really good at their craft. So good it's repeatable.

I think we have a pretty good starting set of Guides, but I really want
your field notes to enhance them. Do you think you can work with us as a
roving field reporter? Let me know your thoughts.