[OpenStack-docs] [networking] Meeting minutes -- 10/10/14

Nick Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Fri Oct 10 23:57:07 UTC 2014

At the meeting this morning, we discussed and decided the following:

- We will use the wiki as the Single Source of Truth for the TOC, as that's
what has been "approved" by the networking SMEs.  (We will make sure we hit
all the points in the approved spec.)
- The wiki will not, in general contain the content. The goal is to link
out to other material.
- The Docbook will be the Single Source of Truth for the content.
- As far as deadlines, the most important guide for the release next week
is the install guide.  That, as far as networking is concerned, is
finished, as it was decided that the features we wanted to add -- DVR, etc
-- would have involved too great a restructuring of the guide itself.
Instead, we will point to the appropriate section of the Networking Guide.
- The overall goal is to be more "topic-based" rather than "book-based".
The advantage here is that the content written for the Networking Guide
will be more easily incorporated into other guides (such as the Admin
Guide).
- The most important guide -- after the install guide -- is the Admin
Guide.  We need an SME to determine which pieces need to be worked on.  We
can then prioritize those pieces.

As a result of all this, we have the following action items:

1)  Sean Collins will begin the gap analysis of the Admin Guide by going
through and noting which sections are out of date and need to be revised.
2)  Matt Kassawara has a set of diagrams he things will fit into the guide
with some revision and will work on that.
3)  Elke will refactor the Docbook content to match the structure of the
TOC in the wiki.

We also decided that we will have meetings on Fridays at noon Eastern time
(currently 1600 UTC).  Please let me know if you would like an invite for
the hangout.

----  Nick