[Openstack-docs] High Availability Guide team

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Oct 6 14:28:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobrelia at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> > *From: *Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org <mailto:anne at openstack.org>>
> > *Subject: **[Openstack-operators] High Availability Guide team*
> > *Date: *26 Aug 2014 20:09:00 GMT+2
> > *To: *"openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org
> > <mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>"
> > <openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org
> > <mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>>,
> > "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
> > <mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>"
> > <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
> > <mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
> > *Cc: *David Medberry <david.medberry at canonical.com
> > <mailto:david.medberry at canonical.com>>, Sriram Subramanian
> > <sriram at sriramhere.com <mailto:sriram at sriramhere.com>>
> >
> > Hi all,
> > Cross-posting to -docs and -operators.
> >
> > At the Ops mid-cycle meetup this week, Matt Griffin, David Medberry,
> > and Sriram Subramanian offered to start a review team for the High
> > Availability Guide. It needs some updates and it's best if the review
> > team works similar to the Security Guide -- subject matter experts
> > working with core docs team members for reviews. So I'm proposing we
> > pull it into its own repo just like the Security Guide. Any reasons
> > not to? I think the next steps are:
> >
> > 1. Propose a patch to openstack/governance to show the repo is
> > governed by the Docs program.
> > 2. Propose a patch that sets up a separate review team starting with
> > Matt, David, and Sriram. We think Emilien would be interested too,
> > sound good? Any others? We can have members of openstack-docs-core as
> > well, similar to the Security Guide.
> > 3. Propose a patch that gets that guide building separately in a
> > different repo.
> > 4.  Start working on the four bugs already logged [1] and logged more
> > as needed.
> >
> > Any other subtasks? Any interested parties?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anne
> >
> > 1.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=ha-guide
>
> Hello.
> I'd like to participate.
> AFAIK, there are a repo [0] and LP bugs filter [1]
>
> But I'm afraid I'm not sure how to view and edit all these xml files,
> e.g. [2], in a user-friendly manner :)
>
> Should I sent a pull requests to repo at github [0] or are there some
> separate stackforge repo with gerrit review set up for HA guide?

Sorry for the confusion, the correct repo is here:

https://github.com/openstack/ha-guide

The one you point to was an attempt at pre-seeding. I'll delete it.

> Could you please clarify that is suggested workflow for
> dumm...contributors?

Yep, the workflow is the same as for all OpenStack docs and code, described
here:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo

If you're allergic to XML or have some other barrier to editing, let us
know and we'll work with you to get your content in. You can also log bugs
with the ha-guide tag and put the corrected text in the doc bug comments if
you really can't figure out the XML.