[Openstack-docs] High Availability Guide team

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Oct 6 14:26:20 UTC 2014

On 10/06/2014 04:19 PM, Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
>> *From: *Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org <mailto:anne at openstack.org>>
>> *Subject: **[Openstack-operators] High Availability Guide team*
>> *Date: *26 Aug 2014 20:09:00 GMT+2
>> *To: *"openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org
>> <mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>"
>> <openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org
>> <mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>>,
>> "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
>> <mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>"
>> <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
>> <mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
>> *Cc: *David Medberry <david.medberry at canonical.com
>> <mailto:david.medberry at canonical.com>>, Sriram Subramanian
>> <sriram at sriramhere.com <mailto:sriram at sriramhere.com>>
>>
>> Hi all,
>> Cross-posting to -docs and -operators.
>>
>> At the Ops mid-cycle meetup this week, Matt Griffin, David Medberry,
>> and Sriram Subramanian offered to start a review team for the High
>> Availability Guide. It needs some updates and it's best if the review
>> team works similar to the Security Guide -- subject matter experts
>> working with core docs team members for reviews. So I'm proposing we
>> pull it into its own repo just like the Security Guide. Any reasons
>> not to? I think the next steps are:
>>
>> 1. Propose a patch to openstack/governance to show the repo is
>> governed by the Docs program.
>> 2. Propose a patch that sets up a separate review team starting with
>> Matt, David, and Sriram. We think Emilien would be interested too,
>> sound good? Any others? We can have members of openstack-docs-core as
>> well, similar to the Security Guide.
>> 3. Propose a patch that gets that guide building separately in a
>> different repo.
>> 4.  Start working on the four bugs already logged [1] and logged more
>> as needed.
>>
>> Any other subtasks? Any interested parties?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anne
>>
>> 1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=ha-guide
>
> Hello.
> I'd like to participate.

Great! Patches and review of existing patches is welcome!

> AFAIK, there are a repo [0] and LP bugs filter [1]

Repo is now at
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ha-guide/

Please see https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo/FirstTimers

> Should I sent a pull requests to repo at github [0] or are there some
> separate stackforge repo with gerrit review set up for HA guide?

the ha-guide is part of the OpenStack infrastructure and follows the
usual gerrit workflow for OpenStack.