[Openstack-docs] doxygen

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Oct 3 12:50:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>
wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> On Thu 02 Oct 2014 11:55:24 AM PDT, Anne Gentle wrote:
> > I'd like you to consider it a spec for cross-project since its
> > implementation should affect all project's developers.
>
> From what I understand, what Vikram is suggesting would require a lot of
> people to agree on using doxygen as a standard to document APIs in code.
> Starting a blueprint would probably be the conclusion of a much larger
> conversation among all developers to get their buy-in first, otherwise I
> don't believe the blueprint will ever be approved.
>
> I would suggest to move the conversation to openstack-dev and check
> there the pulse for a switch to doxygen.

Yep, that makes sense to me too.

I did a test run yesterday with Doxygen. Looking at the output, it seems we
have the autodoc already with Sphinx, so you'll have to make a compelling
case for a tools switch and all the infra work. Just letting you know
that's my first cut analysis. I'm curious to know how you configure either
tool to get more info out of the code.