[OpenStack-docs] Debian installation guide for Juno

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Nov 27 10:54:40 UTC 2014

On 11/27/2014 08:48 AM, Frans Thamura wrote:
> +1 if we can get debian version
>
> and also my question, where the openstack repo for debian?
>
> because that i know, canonical manage outside the ubuntu repo for
> openstack (cloud-archive)

> Frans Thamura (曽志胜)
> Shadow Master and Lead Investor
> Meruvian.
> Integrated Hypermedia Java Solution Provider.

Hi Frans,

It's partly wrong that Canonical "manage outside the ubuntu repo". Yes,
there's cloud archive at http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com,
however, OpenStack is fully part of each release of Ubuntu.

As for Debian, I have no choice but to upload in Debian Sid. So you see
everything in either Debian Sid, Testing (which is currently Jessie) or
in Experimental. Jessie will be released with Icehouse. Debian
Experimental currently contains Juno.

Though I also maintain some backports to Wheezy. This is the exact same
packages, just rebuilt for Wheezy. For example:

deb http://archive.gplhost.com/debian juno main
deb-src http://archive.gplhost.com/debian juno-backports main

Of course, these are unofficial repositories. But this is only because
Debian doesn't have the PPAMAIN feature yet, which the FTP masters are
working on (though what's plan is *not* like Ubuntu PPA, but anyway,
that's not available, so let's not talk about it).

All of this is documented in the Debian docs.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)