[OpenStack-docs] [networking] Meeting minutes, schedule change

Nick Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Fri Nov 21 20:45:33 UTC 2014

So we met this morning and here are the results:

1)  Matt has a working DVR scenario and has documented it, but he wants
to add command outputs and diagrams to make it a little more
comprehensible.  It uses a standard 2 compute, 1 network architecture.
He has it in Markdown
(http://23.253.231.218/openstack-networking-guide/scenario-dvr/scenario-dvr.md)
and is looking for feedback.  It will be linked from the wiki
(https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NetworkingGuide/TOC) as soon as it's
got the diagrams.  Phil suggested also providing information on using
DVR with GRE, which Edgar confirmed does work.

2)  Swaminathan Vasudevan offered to contribute some diagrams, so Matt
will take him up on that.

3)  Elke is finally up and running and ready to contribute patches, so
she will be restructuring the Docbook to match the TOC in numerous
smaller patches to make things easier for us to see and test.  When
she's done, she will start on the "general" information at the start of
the book.

4)  Phil has a first stab at L3 HA routers but needs to incorporate the
feedback that he's already received.  As soon as he does that he will
make it available for further feedback.

5)  Sean expects to have his "less Neutron" configuration ready by the
middle of next week, and we're encouraging him to add it to the wiki for
quick feedback before incorporation.

6)  We are shooting for a "beta" release in late January, which will use
"Neutron classic" as the default, but will provide information on how to
use DVR from trunk going into Kilo.  (It will also provide information
on how to use it in Juno, but will acknowledge that trunk is better in
this case.)  We are hoping to have the "release candidate" for the guide
ready around mid-march, where it will be ready for changes that are
discovered in the Install Guide process so we can release the final
guide with Kilo.  At this point we hope to have DVR as the "default" choice.

7)  Next week's meeting is cancelled due to the Thanksgiving holiday in
the US.  The following week, 12/5, we are moving it up by one hour to
8am Pacific, 11am Eastern, 1600 UTC.  This change is only for that week.

Thanks, all!

----  Nick

----
Nick Chase, Technical Marketing Manager