[OpenStack-docs] Debian installation guide for Juno

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Nov 18 15:25:33 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-18 13:42:37 +0000 (+0000), Phil Hopkins wrote:
> I agree that we should not use debconf to make this install guide
> similar to the Ubuntu guide.

I worry the problem you're going to encounter there is that Debian's
packages _do_ use debconf to prompt the sysadmin for configuration
choices, database setup, et cetera. I suppose the install guide
could override it to non-interactive and then show how to go back
and perform all the same configuration and setup tasks, but that
seems like it's counter to how Debian consumers are expected to make
use of those packages.
--
Jeremy Stanley