[OpenStack-docs] American English

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Tue Nov 11 02:31:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

> On 11/11/14 10:22, Anne Gentle wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org
> > <mailto:tom at openstack.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 11/11/14 10:19, Anne Gentle wrote:
> >     >
> >     > On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org
> <mailto:tom at openstack.org>
> >     > <mailto:tom at openstack.org <mailto:tom at openstack.org>>> wrote:
> >     >
> >     >     Hi,
> >     >
> >     >     If I recall correctly, there was not consensus on this in the
> past.
> >     >
> >     >     I have removed it, for now, on that basis.
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > Okay, let's start the discussion here then.
> >     >
> >     > I remember agreeing to American English for the Operations Guide.
> >
> >     Actually, we agreed on the Atlantic standard :)
> >
> >     > Can we agree to American English for the openstack-manuals?
> >
> >     Actually, I don't think we need to agree on any standard.
> >

> > I'd like to have a convention to point to during reviews. Today I
> > requested a revision of colours to colors and it would be great to point
> > new contributors to a standard to follow.
>
> I don't think this is useful or necessary at all. Adding such a standard
> just means more pointless patchset revisions, wasting time of all
> involved - which should be spent on fixing the enormous bug backlog.

Okay. Guess we'll have to disagree on this point. With the contributor base
we hope to reach I think we'll need the enhanced style guide that Andreas
is working on.

Again, the large bug backlog is due to the growth of projects, and we need
to onboard more contributors in order to get those numbers down and better
distributed.

Anne