[OpenStack-docs] Final users docs freeze

Cloudwatt - François Bureau francois.bureau at cloudwatt.com
Tue Nov 4 15:15:32 UTC 2014

Hello Docs team,

I am very sorry because I was very late at the documentation design session so I was not able to discuss about this subject.

I am involved into french documentation (as french coordinator too) and working for a public cloud company (Cloudwatt).

Because my company is in France and because we try to upstream a lot of changes we are doing, we try to be active into the translation initiative. For example, we have made a lot of contributions on the Horizon interface (fixes, improvements and translations).

For documentation we wanted to translate the documentation for our own use and to upstream to the community all our works.

But unfortunately the documentation is moving to much and we had different issue about upstreaming our works. Because of that, we had to make a fork and to create our own doc.

This not a nice situation for us because it is a big effort for maintaining our work and we not really contribute on the documentation and this is not what we are looking for.

Do you thing it could be possible to freeze the "end users documentations" (User guides, API Guides, all docs dedicated for the users which going to use the end product) ?

It could be updated every 6 month for each OpenStack Release.

At the end of the session, I have discussed with Anne and Daisy about that and they told me to send an e-mail about this subject :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback !

All the best,

François