[Openstack-docs] Training Guides becoming a project in its own right?

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu May 29 02:56:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

Sean Roberts, Stefano and I just had a very fruitful discussion
regarding the training manuals project.

We think that it's time to allow the the training guides to become a
free-standing project of its own accord, and start attracting
significantly more people around it.

This will make it easier for contributors who just want to work on
training to find the project, see lists of bugs and tasks relevant to
them*, and also provide a clearer pathway toward becoming contributors,
and eventually core reviewers.

It will also enable the training guides project to have its own
policies, and allow the repository to be used for investigation of
training infrastructure, such as the recent forays into moodle for example.

However, with every change such as this, there are drawbacks, and so we
feel it's important to discuss these as well - and most importantly get
your input.

For example, while we can continue to re-use tools and content, this
would mean a different review queue and repository - which could
frustrate if you are working across both projects.

What are your thoughts?

Regards,

Tom

* as opposed to the 400 odd in the openstack-manuals tracker!