[Openstack-docs] Use of itemized lists in Ops Guide upgrade chapter

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu May 29 00:59:09 UTC 2014

Some of this is a judgement call due to the way it's written in sections
with a step or two for each section. For the generalized listing of steps,
those should remain lists.

These sections could possibly be converted to procedures, but I'll try to
explain why it might not be a good idea for each:

 - Perform a Backup (this is just two steps, First and Next so likely the
judgement call was not to use procedure)
 - Update Configuration Files (there are a lot of "if" statements in this,
I'm not sure how markup goes for optional steps, so likely they decided not
to mark up with procedure since it's quite general)
 - Cleaning Up and Final Configuration File Updates (honestly, I can see
why this also is not a procedure because it's not step-by-step, it's
generalized guidance)

Really, I think leave it alone, there is probably higher-value work to do
than changing the markup there. Your testing has been super valuable and is
the real value for that documentation.
Anne