[Openstack-docs] Documentation Guide

Diane Fleming diane.fleming at RACKSPACE.COM
Sun May 18 15:16:12 UTC 2014

The current Docs guide (Writers Guide) is now up

http://docs.rackspace.com/writers-guide/content/ch_preface.html

Depending on what the consensus is, I can either move the source files to the repo created by Andreas, or convert to CONTRIBUTING.rst files – one for openstack-manuals and one for api-site.

(I prefer the latter solution).

Diane
Diane Fleming
Software Developer II - US
diane.fleming at rackspace.com
Cell  512.323.6799
Office 512.874.1260
Skype drfleming0227
Google-plus diane.fleming at gmail.com

From: Diane Fleming <diane.fleming at rackspace.com<mailto:diane.fleming at rackspace.com>>
Date: Sunday, May 18, 2014 9:59 AM
To: Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org<mailto:anne at openstack.org>>, Matt Kassawara <mkassawara at gmail.com<mailto:mkassawara at gmail.com>>
Cc: "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-docs] Documentation Guide

Hey Anne,

The existing Writers Guide is broken at the moment (meaning, it's not publishing correctly to http://docs.rackspace.com/writers-guide/content/<http://docs.rackspace.com/writers-guide/content/ch_wadl.html> - David C is looking into that.

However, I'm thinking that I should convert this to a CONTRIBUTING.rst document in the openstack/openstack-manuals repo, similar to what devs do.

Long wikis aren't very useable (IMO). People tend to look for this information in github now.

I could also write an API-specific CONTRIBUTING.rst in the openstack/api-site repo.

Also, the Rackspace writers have asked me to do something similar for the Rackspace version of this guide.

Anne, you can see a copy of the guide here (it's Rackspace internal so others probably can't see it, sorry)

http://docs-internal.rackspace.com/process/api/v1/writers-guide/content/ch_preface.html

Diane
Diane Fleming
Software Developer II - US