[Openstack-docs] Input at the Summit on Disqus comments

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon May 12 18:22:06 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Today after one of the Ops discussions I had a conversation with a sysadmin
who really misses the Disqus comments, and doesn't think the link to
ask.openstack.org offers enough context that a doc page offers. I told him
we really wanted the widget from ask that we could embed like Disqus
comments, he said that would be better. Just wanting to let us all know one
bit of input on turning off comments.

I'm not wanting to reverse the decision, just letting us know that we have
some input that there's a sense of loss of context. For Icehouse, only the
install guide has comments turned on, and I had logged a bug last week
asking for those to be turned off. Andreas has a patch ready at
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/93280 and I just wanted to make sure we
are in tune once this change happens so that we can offer lots of doc links
and context on ask.openstack.org.

Also, if anyone is interested in coding the widget for
ask.openstack.orgthat could be embedded, please let me connect you! It
seems like it would
be a real win.