[Openstack-docs] api-ref-guide publishing

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Mar 28 08:54:05 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 10:39 PM, David Cramer wrote:
> On 03/27/2014 01:49 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> David, is there a way to not building webhelp at all?
>
> Yes. You can build pdf-only using the generate-pdf goal (Should still
> work like the old days). That would save a lot if you're building
> webhelp just to get the pdf out!

Yes, that works - but creates a wadl directory and .fo files that we
should not publish.

Diane, I've updated your patch now to do the following:
* We only build PDFs, no webhelp for the api-ref-guides
* The PDFs are copied over to publish-docs/api-ref-guides

This patch can go in as is now, no more objections from the
tools/publishing site.

To publish this, we need to do some more steps:

1) This needs my patch for openstack-doc-tools and a new release of
openstack-doc-tools. My patch is at https://review.openstack.org/83690.

2) We need to follow the actions suggested in "api-site/tox.ini" that
have the TODO items. Especially build the api-ref-guides for publishing
and manually mv the directory/files from publish-docs/api-ref-guides to
the proper place. Please tell me where those should live.

So, plan of action:
1. Merge patches https://review.openstack.org/#/c/82591 and
https://review.openstack.org/83690 in and release new version of
openstack-doc-tools.

2. Update api-site/tox.ini to publish the PDFs at the proper place.

3. Add links to the PDFs from the html as well so that users find the PDFs.

Any questions or comments?