[Openstack-docs] Convention on <screen> use

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com
Thu Mar 20 20:16:25 UTC 2014

Hi all,

It's been a while since the last convention question, so here goes...
;)

I suggested to use only one <screen> for multiple command lines in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81579
I believe this is the way to go but there doesn't seem to be a clearly
defined convention about this. Anyone opposed to this?

Also, I usually suggest in reviews to include the <userinput> and the
<computeroutput> in the same <screen>. I know that some people (you know
who you are!) don't really like it, because it is not clear what is to
be typed and what is the output. Personally I prefer to use a unique
<screen> because the HTML rendering looks better this way.

Andreas just mentioned on IRC that most of our docs use one wrapping
screen. Do we agree that we should keep this choice, and update the
"bogus" occurrences?

And is this case, would it be possible to modify the rendering to make
the distinction between input and output clearer?

Thanks!

Gauvain Pocentek

Objectif Libre - Infrastructure et Formations Linux
http://www.objectif-libre.com