[Openstack-docs] Prompts conventions

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Wed Mar 12 06:25:57 UTC 2014

On 11/03/14 04:40, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 03/10/2014 05:42 PM, Gauvain Pocentek wrote:
>> Thank you all for the feedback!
>>
>> I've updated the wiki and will get started on the 'conventions used in
>> this book' part.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Make it a common chapter/section that we include everywhere - perhaps
> together with the revision history?
>

> Andreas

I'm really not convinced that adding a bunch of front-matter is an
appropriate solution here. I'm a big believer in standards, yes, but I
also don't think those standards need to be advertised in bold writing
in the front of every book. It should be enough that we have them, are
aware of them, and abide by them as much as possible.

Is there a good argument why they need to be in the front matter, rather
than existing on our wiki
(https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Conventions)? After all,
the wiki is open to the public. Perhaps a single link to this page in
the preface would suffice instead?

Lana

--
Lana Brindley