[Openstack-docs] Config reference news

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com
Tue Mar 11 07:16:14 UTC 2014

Hello,

Just some news about the config ref tools, what's been done and what
needs to be done.

I've spent some time trying to improve the autohelp.py script recently,
and with the help of Andreas, Shaun and Doug (and of course thanks to
the work of the previous developers), we have now something that works
quite well.

In case you've never heard of it, this script extracts configuration
options from a project and generates docbook tables. There's one manual
step, config options must be categorized to generate multiple tables
instead of one huge table. This is done in "flagmappings" files [0].

The main projects tables are generated, but some are not used yet in
the config ref (ceilometer, heat and trove). A starting point for these
missing refs would be to have a big page referencing all the tables (as
is done for glance). I'll try to find some time to work on this in the
next days, but if anyone wants to step in I'll be happy to help in any
way I can. There's probably some work to do on the categorization of the
options too...

[0]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-manuals/tree/tools/autogenerate-config-flagmappings

Cheers,
Gauvain

Objectif Libre - Infrastructure et Formations Linux
http://www.objectif-libre.com