[Openstack-docs] Colon conventions

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Sun Mar 9 15:10:24 UTC 2014

Agreed with Diane here, you want to keep the steps short and sweet.

I also think the convention should be to use a colon prior to the command.
This helps us match up with Sphinx/RST conventions of ending with :: in
order to markup a command line entry.

Your steps should start with a verb, an action for the user to follow, then
after the colon make sure to put the correct prompt and markup.

Thanks for asking! Mo' consistency, mo' bettah.

Anne