[Openstack-docs] weighted vs. weighed

Diane Fleming diane.fleming at RACKSPACE.COM
Sat Jun 28 12:54:40 UTC 2014

I opened bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1335423

Diane
Diane Fleming
Software Developer II - US
diane.fleming at rackspace.com
Cell  512.323.6799
Office 512.874.1260
Skype drfleming0227
Google-plus diane.fleming at gmail.com

From: Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org<mailto:anne at openstack.org>>
Date: Saturday, June 28, 2014 7:44 AM
To: Diane Fleming <diane.fleming at rackspace.com<mailto:diane.fleming at rackspace.com>>
Cc: Roger Luethi <rl at patchworkscience.org<mailto:rl at patchworkscience.org>>, "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-docs] weighted vs. weighed

Agreed... log a bug and correct the use to the statistical weighted.

I'm giggling a bit at the image of heavy cells and hosts.

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 7:00 AM, Diane Fleming <diane.fleming at rackspace.com<mailto:diane.fleming at rackspace.com>> wrote:
Never ask a woman how much she weights...

I agree - the terms should be -
Weighting
Weighted

Adding to the confusion is the use of passive voice in the books - like "devices are weighted by size" - that should be reworded to something like "the xxx weights devices by size."

Sent from my iPhone