[Openstack-docs] Where are original svgs for pngs in ops-guide?

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Jun 12 15:21:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM, Lingxian Kong <anlin.kong at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Hi, the Operations Guide images are from O'Reilly and there are no
> > corresponding SVG files. I do have a source file for one you link to that
> > still contains Quantum and misspells metadata metacata. If you would
> like to
> > fix the image, please fix bug
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1313517. Your bug,
> > 1327565, appears to be a duplicate of 1313517. An Adobe Illustrator file
> is
> > attached to https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1313517.
> >
> > The lack of an SVG is not our typical or desired process but the Ops
> Guide
> > is not a typical book.
> > Anne
>
> Thanks Anne for your information!
>
> Given the .ai file you provided for the bug 1313517, I can just move
> the 'quantum-metadata-agent' from compute node and change the name
> from quantum-openvswitch-agent to neutron-openvswitch-agent in the
> Figure 1.4.
>
> Do you mean we do not fix the other problems for now?

The issues I know of are:
- Openstack should be OpenStack
- metacata should be metadata
- the agents are misnamed with quantum
- the agents are shown on the wrong node

Ideally we get confirmation that all of the above issues are indeed issues
(I am not certain of the correct node). I believe someone at RedHat should
confirm that since they originated the architecture. Summer Long indicated
on the bug that she is investigating. If you're certain of the node
placement then please do confirm in the bug comments.

Once the bug is completely confirmed in the bug comments, please fix the
image for all of the above issues.