[Openstack-docs] Training Guides becoming a project in its own right?

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Tue Jun 10 00:23:03 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2014-06-09 08:17:18 -0500 (-0500), Anne Gentle wrote:
> [...]
> > Yes, stackforge is the right placement. I'm fine with publishing to
> > docs.openstack.org/ -- we used to have docs.openstack.org/incubation/ --
> > perhaps that URL is a good place?
> [...]
>
> For the rest of OpenStack, incubation means you have an
> openstack/whatever repository (not relegated to
> stackforge/something).

For two releases, incubating projects remain on StackForge. "Projects that
have spent at least two development milestones in incubation are reviewed"
(from https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/NewProjects). During that
time period, typically projects are not on docs.openstack.org, so I'm
looking for a domain to indicate this incubation state for the docs. It'd
be great to use our definition for incubating projects other than training.
What might be a good umbrella URL?

> If it's going to be okay for StackForge projects to start publishing
> their documentation on official OpenStack sites, then the
> infrastructure team needs to know where the line is drawn once this
> opens the door to all of them asking for it. A proposal to the TC
> for guidelines around this followed by some consensual vote would be
> preferable to avoid ambiguity on the matter.

Agreed, I'll start a conversation with a proposal and get it on a TC
meeting agenda, please let me know some good naming conventions. We have
http://docs.openstack.org/incubation/ -- what else might work well for this
purpose?