[Openstack-docs] Training Guides becoming a project in its own right?

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Jun 9 13:17:18 UTC 2014

Inserting Sean's question set (sorry for the copy/paste).

We are starting to hit some questions that I do not have ready answers to.?
        * where to store the data: Tom and I were initially thinking
stackforge before incubation. move under the openstack repo org after
incubation as training-guides. fungi and jeblair are questioning a
stackforge project publishing todocs.openstack.org rather than just
openstack-manuals. I do not have a great answer other than I believe Anne
is good with that for now. If the docs PTL and team is okay with this, do I
need to ask the TC as well?

Yes, stackforge is the right placement. I'm fine with publishing to
docs.openstack.org/ -- we used to have docs.openstack.org/incubation/ --
perhaps that URL is a good place?

I want to back up a bit and make sure we all understand the goals here
(many of these are listed in the Incubation Plan also):
- increase the quality of the training manuals
- set reader's expectations about the training manuals being community-based
- increase the contributor base and core reviewers
- ensure reuse of tools and content to avoid duplication of effort while
still providing unique deliverables for training purposes

        * where to house the project: I would like it to stay under the
documentation program. Any other ideas?

I think that's the idea, that you'll fit within the Docs program, and your
incubation plan below is a great start.

Find here the all the incubation plan Q&A using the latest TC requirements
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Training-guides#Incubation_Plan

Looks good, you might note that your builds use tox and keep updated with
the global-requirements list.

Thanks for asking Sean -- let's get this ramped up.
Anne