[Openstack-docs] Structure of configuration steps

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 13:52:36 UTC 2014

Andreas reminded me that we need to discuss and agree on the structure of
configuration steps after removing the "openstack-config" command from the
installation guide. I suggest the following:

1) Edit the /etc/abc/abc.conf file:
    a) Configure database access in the [database] section:
        [database]
        connection = mysql://
    b) Configure RabbitMQ message broker access in the [DEFAULT] section:
        [DEFAULT]
        rabbit_host = controller
    c) Configure Identity service access in the [keystone_authtoken]
section:
        [keystone_authtoken]
        auth_host = controller

The following patches contain this structure to provide a clearer picture:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/96059/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/96339/

Thanks!