[Openstack-docs] How to tell Oxygen to use rackbook.rng?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Jul 25 06:37:31 UTC 2014

On 07/24/2014 11:43 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been trying to help Laurel with the problem for a while now. The
> root need here is that we can all use a common .ent file for entity
> references like — -- which is a great goal -- without having to
> add any references in headers (since we've standardized nicely on
> headers that don't refer to an RNG file).
>
> In my environment, I've never had to reference the RNG file at all. When
> I use Oxygen on my Mac to refer to the rackbook.rng that's maintained in
> the doc tools repo, validation errors occur.
>
> One of my working theories is that the latest change to rackbook.rng for
> the tooling actually broke authoring for
> some. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104085/

This patch to openstack-doc-tools is the same as we always had setup
rackbook.rng inside openstack-doc-tools - my previous import just forgot
to make this local change. This change is essential for working of the
toolchain. This was essential our last ".1" urgent release where
everything was broken without it.

to check your theory:
The rackbook.rng comes from clouddocs-maven-plugin, could you point it
locally there? Does that help?