[Openstack-docs] coordinating multiple authors on the same change?

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Sat Jan 25 16:01:23 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:
> [...]
> > The thing about setting something to "WIP" is that another author
> actually
> > can't work on it while it's in WIP state (someone correct me if that's
> > wrong). Only the original author can set it to "ready for work" again.
>
> Having the current patchset of a change set to work in progress
> should not prevent other contributors from uploading a new patchset.
> If it seems to, I'd be curious to see the resulting error message.
> --

Okay, thanks Jeremy! I'm working on Tom's WIP patch now, and I'll test it.
I should have something later this morning.

I also realized that as doc-core, I can change to "Ready for Review" on a
WIP status patch. So really just make sure you add a comment if you're
working on it locally (and other authors, read the comments before hacking
on it much unless you're ready to rebase).

Anne