[Openstack-docs] Copyright statements in docs source files

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 14 18:30:28 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 01:23 PM, Steve Gordon wrote:
> [...]

That was in fact the actual file I was editing as I sent that email.

I've actually had people ask me, when looking at files like this, if
they have to ask the author for permission to submit patches against
that file. If we can avoid making people even think that thought, we've
done a good thing for the community.

See also
http://producingoss.com/en/managing-volunteers.html#territoriality for
another take on this issue, just in case Karl's voice carries more
weight than mine.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://openstack.redhat.com/