[Openstack-docs] Copyright statements in docs source files

Nicholas Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 14 18:13:50 UTC 2014

On 1/14/2014 12:54 PM, Steve Gordon wrote:

> All of which is good gear...but, current guidance [1][2] is as follows:
>
> "If you update a page, you can add the entity you represent (self or
> organization) to the list of Copyright holders, but do not remove any
> listed Copyright headings. If the content has been substantially updated in
> 2013, add the year to the change. If no substantive updates or revisions
> have been made to the copyrighted material, the year does not need to be
> updated."

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but my interpretation is that
there's one big copyright page where this information should go, versus
on individual pages, which is what I think the original question is about.

Note that I'm not alleging that anything in particular is happening or
not happening; I'm simply responding to the question about what SHOULD
happen.  (And I'm not a lawyer either. :))

----  Nick