[Openstack-docs] Partial fix behavior

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jan 6 17:55:15 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-06 08:54:06 -0600 (-0600), Anne Gentle wrote:
[...]
> I think the Bug nnnnnn should become unassigned at the point when
> the patch gets merged. Does that sound correct? How can I fix?

The desired behavior would need to be added to
but I'm still not convinced on what the assignment behavior for
Partial-Bug should be.

While the meaning of that header is not clearly defined, most
interpretations are that there are multiple changes needed to fix
the bug and they might not all be in progress by the same
contributor. Given that LP doesn't currently support multiple
assignees for a single bugtask (project+series) this is a little
hard to map between Gerrit and LP. I have hopes that with
Storyboard, we might get rid of Partial-Bug entirely since we should
have better control over multi-part bugs with arbitrary related
tasks.
--
Jeremy Stanley