[Openstack-docs] [Openstack-operators] Neutron Documentation

lorinh at gmail.com lorinh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 18:54:09 UTC 2014

I think that OpenStack Networking is complex enough that it warrants a
separate book to describe the concepts in detail.

In particular:
 * Many potential operators don't have enough prior networking experience
to understand all of the underlying concepts
 * You really need to understand how OpenStack actually implements the
networking to be able to do (and debug!) a proper deployment, especially
since so many factors are site-specific

I just created this blueprint for a new guide that focuses specifically on
describing the concepts behind OpenStack Networking:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/understanding-networking
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/UnderstandingNetworking

At one point, I was considering writing this book on my own, but if the doc
team feel that this would be a good fit for the official docs, then I think
having it as an official doc is best, especially since I likely don't have
the cycles to get it done on my own.

Do folks think having a separate guide focuses explicitly on Understanding
OpenStack Networking would be a good idea?

Lorin