[Openstack-docs] Developer Training guide update

Sean Roberts seanrob at yahoo-inc.com
Sun Feb 23 21:00:15 UTC 2014

NexusIS guys and myself did some deep thought on the training guides last Friday. Our output is here https://docs.google.com/a/yahoo-inc.com/document/d/1QiZ_PJTIFwKOmHPYhtez0TTEXHUb1r21OV0-PoNN45U/edit?usp=docslist_api

My epiphanical moment is captured in a gdoc comment below.
"This is an important point to come to an agreement on.  For skill translation from a non-agile engineer or operator to agile DevOps mindset, the time and effort has large variances. I'm leaning towards not teaching the agile skill transition in this guide. Rather, we have separate skill transition courses like hackbright, TDD, upstream university that focus on that. The developer guide can then focus on openstack APIs and CI pipeline instruction for the 8-10 days we have the students attention. We still use elements from hackbright, TDD, and upstream university. We just don't attempt to teach the agile theories here.

Loic and others, what do you think?"

~sean
~sean