[Openstack-docs] Editing OSSG - rough division of labor

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Feb 17 21:36:48 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Looping in the openstack-docs list as well since I don't want to be a
blocker.

The filenames such as ch13 may be misleading. The way the docs are built,
an xml:id is used to create each separate HTML file unless there are
chunking instructions in the file that would cause it to be separated out
differently.

So rearranging the files will cause the output to be reordered.

Honestly I think you'd find it less confusing if you rename the files
without numbers.

Then look at the bk_openstack-sec-guide.xml file and see that it goes from
9 to 11 and skips 10:

   <xi:include href="ch009_case-studies.xml"/>
    <xi:include href="ch011_management-introduction.xml"/>

I also see it skips the file named ch007:

    <xi:include href="ch006_introduction-to-case-studies.xml"/>
    <xi:include href="ch008_system-roles-types.xml"/>

Hope this gives you some more clues to find your missing content. Looking
through git logs I don't see evidence that makes me think the bk file
changed much?

Let me know what you find out as you keep digging.

Anne