[Openstack-docs] Markup : literal vs parameter/option, application/command and systemitem?

David Cramer david.cramer at rackspace.com
Sun Sep 29 15:45:29 UTC 2013

On 09/29/2013 02:50 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> What's your understanding? Did I miss anything?

That all makes sense and its a good idea to get some agreement. We
should also specify a role for the <code> tag. It's always seemed to me
that there's some semantic overlap betweeen <code> and <literal>. Both
are rendered as monospace. <literal> is the older tag. IIRC, <code> was
introduced in 5.x. Is there a useful distinction that can be made
between them? I tend to use <code> as my fall-back, generic markup for
things that should be monospace. In 4.x I used <literal> for that purpose.

Regards,
David