[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change Iab2ffdc7ad396b853c7aed20d46bf12320b76c21

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Mon Sep 16 10:05:53 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/46498

Log:
commit d05ab9a922209e95c960d0429dab1cdd7aa61356
Author: John Garbutt <john.garbutt at rackspace.com>
Date:   Fri Sep 13 14:30:37 2013 +0100

    xenapi: simplify PV vs HVM selection logic

    The logic to inspect a disk to determine if an image is PV or HVM has
    been removed. This change follows on from that simplification.

    As before, if I user wants to use PV mode, or HVM mode, then can set
    vm_mode=xen or vm_mode=hvm, respectively. This will override any other
    way of selecting the mode.

    For consistency, we now check the os_type to be either windows or linux,
    which, without vm_mode, chooses HVM or XEN mode respectively.

    For backwards compatibility, all VHD and DISK type images default to
    vm_mode=xen.

    In all other cases, we default to HVM, as this is the safest option
    that works with most images.

    Fixes bug 1206828
    DocImpact
    Change-Id: Iab2ffdc7ad396b853c7aed20d46bf12320b76c21