[Openstack-docs] validate.py - images?

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Wed Sep 11 17:23:47 UTC 2013

On 09/11/2013 06:59 PM, David Cramer wrote:
> Just to confirm: your algorithm looks at a book file for xincluded
> files, then recursively checks those files for xincludes etc. If any
> files that are xincluded into the book or any that are dependencies of
> the included files have changed, then you build and publish the book,
> correct?

Nearly correct. I have a list of modified files. The book that contains
a modified file will be built. Then I check all xincludes in every XML
file. If one xinclude contains a modified (at the moment only with the
ending .xml) file I'll mark the book also as modified and it will be
built. This way all books affected by modified (at the moment only with
the ending .xml) files will be built.

I'll extend it to also check all imagedatas and will remove the check
for the .xml postfix.

> Yes, IIRC imagedata is the only element you have to worry about.

Ok.

> I don't see a reason to check the file extension. If something is
> referred to either by the href or fileref attribute in a book xml file
> or in its dependencies has changed, then you need to rebuild that book.

Ok.

Hope I've enough time tomorrow to modify the script. Couldn't finish my
opened review request today.

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt