[Openstack-docs] Nova APIv3

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Sep 10 16:42:27 UTC 2013

On 09/09/13 16:59, Christopher Yeoh wrote:

>> I just saw a git review comment that said something along the lines of
>> "let's wait until after Havana to merge nova APIv3 changes"
>>
>> Does this mean we can say that we'll wait until after Havana to
>> document v3API? My recollection is that many of the patches we need
>> to do so have not been merged yet ...
>>

> The v3 API in Havana is marked as experimental and by default
> disabled. The API sample patches are now all in the review queue and I
> have agreement that as these are really just tests they can still
> merge during the feature freeze.
>
> However whether the documentation makes it in is still not clear. To
> automate the generation of the spec document I need another layer of
> patches on top of that and I'm not going to try to push my luck on
> getting those merged. I'm hoping we can do them out of tree and then
> merge them very early in the icehouse cycle. That will allow Kersten
> to autogenerate the spec document much sooner either before the Havana
> release or if we don't make that not long after.
>
> We didn't really have the cycles to hand generate a spec document and
> I'd rather spend the time we do have in setting things up so the
> specification is largely autogenerated so during Icehouse when we do
> make changes the overhead for specification udpates will be very low.

Thanks for the update Chris. I really appreciate your work, and think
that your plan is the only sane way to go.

I'll re-target the v3 doc bugs for icehouse just to clean up the list,
and hope that we can pull off miracles. At least being the only bugs
triaged for icehouse they'll be easy to find :D

Regards,

Tom