[Openstack-docs] Folder renaming in openstack-manuals

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Sep 4 13:07:19 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> Diane, I like the idea - and propose to evaluate two more topics on top
> of it while we're doing major surgery.
>
> I don't know the history of how docs came together but diving into the
> project, I had two additional structure issues:
>
> First, why do we have doc/src/docbkx where doc and src have only a
> single directory? Can't we flatten this directly from doc/src/docbokx to
> doc?

I'd like it flatter too, that is a maven convention for when you build
items from more than one source place. So for the API reference for
example, there's a src/docbkx and src/wadl convention. Still, I think we
can safely flatten, we just have to have a known convention for where the
pom.xml goes. Usually it goes into one folder up from src.

David Cramer, see any reason not to flatten to doc with the pom.xml with
the xml source?

> Second, we have some guides that have a src subdirectory - and others
> have none. I propose to remove the current src subdirectories and move
> everything one level up. So, move openstack-user/src/* to openstack-user/
>
> Andreas
> --
>  Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi
>   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
>    GF: Jeff Hawn,Jennifer Guild,Felix Imendörffer,HRB16746 (AG Nürnberg)
>     GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com