[Openstack-docs] Folder renaming in openstack-manuals

Diane Fleming diane.fleming at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Sep 3 19:33:14 UTC 2013

Hello, just want to alert you about an upcoming change.

The folders in the openstack-manuals repo are oddly named. First off, they really don't require an "openstack" prefix because they are in the openstack-manuals repo.

Secondly, they don't follow a naming convention.

I'm opening a bug to rename them by using the following naming convention:

<book-type>-<project>
or
<book-type>-<audience>

basic-install  -> install-guide-basic
cli-guide (going away)
common
NEW -> admin-guide-cloud (Cloud Administrators Guide) new comprehensive admin guide (the cloud part just so we know it's the comprehensive guide)
docbkx-example
openstack-block-storage-admin  -> becomes a chapter in the new admin-guide-cloud
openstack-compute-admin  -> becomes a chapter in admin-guide-cloud
openstack-config  -> config-reference
openstack-ha  -> high-availability-guide
openstack-image -> image-guide
openstack-install  -> install-guide
openstack-network-connectivity-admin  -> admin-guide-network – must remain a separate guide (for now)
openstack-object-storage-admin  -> becomes a chapter in admin-guide-cloud
openstack-security  -> security-guide
openstack-training  -> training-guide
openstack-user  -> user-guide
openstack-user-admin  -> user-guide-admin

Does anyone have any issues/concerns?

thanks!

Diane
Diane Fleming