[Openstack-docs] config reference guide

Nermina Miller nerminamiller at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 17:58:54 UTC 2013

Summer,

I've begun the migration of files to what will be OpenStack Cloud Admin
Guide based on this blueprint:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprint-os-admin-docs. I'm not deleting
anything until both of us are done. Are you also appropriating the install
files? I have a deadline to move the files until tomorrow, so I plan to
finish by 5 pm EST.

Thanks!

Nermina

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Summer Long <slong at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>  Of course! I just don't want to step on toes, and I know that others
>> have already been doing work. And I'm not sure where the book is, in that
>> 'move stuff' process.
>>

> Yay, please do! With git I'm not too worried about toe-stepping but it's
> good of you to let your intentions be known.
>
> Today's a holiday in the US so I'll be less responsive than usual, but I
> do want to dig into the Object Storage config tables this week again. But
> I'm happy to have you organize and do whatever you see fit all along.
>
> Anne
>

>>  Summer Long
>> OpenStack Documentation
>> Engineering Content Services
>>
>> Red Hat Asia Pacific
>> Brisbane, Australia
>> slong at redhat.com
>>
>>  On 09/02/2013 11:00 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
>>
>> Can we sign you up? :D
>>

>> On 02/09/13 10:59, Summer Long wrote:
>>
>> It's just a matter of structure for the guide. I definitely don't want
>> to create a blueprint that won't be used just because there isn't one!
>>
>> I guess the real question is: if there isn't a blueprint, is someone
>> already tasked with making the Config Reference structure more coherent
>> once all the content has been moved from other guides?
>>
>> thanks, Summer
>>
>> Summer Long
>> OpenStack Documentation
>> Engineering Content Services
>>
>> Red Hat Asia Pacific
>> Brisbane, Australia
>> slong at redhat.com <mailto:slong at redhat.com> <slong at redhat.com>
>>
>> On 08/30/2013 11:55 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Summer Long <slong at redhat.com
>> <mailto:slong at redhat.com> <slong at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Thanks Anne, and looping in the mailing list.
>>     I was just wondering if there is a blueprint for the Config Ref
>>     guide from which you and others are working (other than the
>>     paragraph in the Restructure doc).
>>
>>     If there is not, would you like me to redo the Etherpad to include
>>     the HowTos, and then move that into a visible blueprint? (It
>>     doesn't really matter what I thought the intent was, just what is
>>     happening going forward. :>)
>>

>> My first instinct is that it's really late in the release for new
>> blueprints, but if it helps you, go ahead. Outlines help me a BUNCH so
>> if that's what you need, do it. You can also just add the outline to
>> the wiki page.
>>
>> I know I told Nermina to update the admin blueprint, but it already
>> existed. And really she's updating an outline.
>>
>> If you want to get started on a blueprint for the next release, that's
>> fine too.
>>
>> Anne
>>

>>     thanks, Summer
>>

>>     Summer Long

> [...]