[Openstack-docs] Swift autodoc

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Sep 3 00:46:25 UTC 2013

On 02/09/13 17:39, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 09/02/2013 02:04 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
>> [...]
>> Yup, feel free to go editing the help strings in the tables for swift.
>> I'll update the code so that it uses them as a source of truth, and
>> provided its used in update mode things should "just work".
>
> In that case, could you update the comment of the top of the files, please?
>
>       <!-- Warning: Do not edit this file. It is automatically
>            generated and your changes will be overwritten.
>            The tool to do so lives in the tools directory of this
>            repository -->
> Andreas

Hi,

This patch will update the tables and script to make it work as discussed:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/44779/

"""
As discussed on the mailing list, this patch will make the swift
configuration tables found in common a source of truth for the
helptext. The script that generates them has been updated for this,
and will now only add/remove options, update default values, and
replace helptext where it does not exist in the tables. Another
run of the script was done and tables were updated.
"""

Regards,

Tom