[Openstack-docs] proposed rst-xml automation openstack-manuals blueprint

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Wed Oct 30 19:03:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Anne Gentle
<annegentle at justwriteclick.com>wrote:

> I also have a hunch (seriously, just a guess) that for a long while people
> were just hoping that openstackclient would take over and the individual
> docs wouldn't have to be maintained? What do you think about that
> possibility?

The python-*client libraries have two roles: they implement the
command-line tools, and the Python bindings to the REST APIs. My
understanding is that the goal of the python-openstackclient is to replace
the existing command line tools, but not the Python bindings. It's the
Python documentation that I'd like to focus on.

Lorin

--
Lorin Hochstein
Lead Architect - Cloud Services