[Openstack-docs] Operations Guide news

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Oct 28 18:55:10 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that the O'Reilly custom edit of the Operations
Guide is underway! This is an exciting experiment for us to take a book
written in a five-day book sprint and have it undergo professional editing,
indexing, and delivery methods.

As you may imagine, O'Reilly really knows what they're doing, and they're
going to make a copy of the state of the repo today that'll be available at
the Summit as an early release product. Then, over the next 4-6 months,
we'll be working in a branch of it to improve it for havana as an early
release product where you can get updates all along the way. The
infrastructure team is working with the O'Reilly technical crew to avoid
"freezing" the repo (that's our plan) and ensuring attribution is
maintained.

I don't have final details on the exact workflow, but I wanted to let this
group know the exciting news about the custom edit and to keep an eye out
for an ebook at the Summit. Thanks everyone for the hard work it took to
get us here, and be on the lookout for opportunities to help out after the
Summit.