[Openstack-docs] Problem: Training Guide refers to "basic-install" files

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Sun Oct 13 23:29:14 UTC 2013

On 14/10/13 04:12, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 10/13/2013 05:48 PM, Sean Roberts wrote:
>> We are targeting havana. This is still a new process for everyone,
>> linking in other project docs. I don't expect our needs to shut down
>> tom's progess. Ideally as included source docs change, known by test.py
>> or some script, notification would go out as the patch is being
>> reviewed, so the other docs won't break on next build. We has briefly
>> discussed this at the bootcamp. I can start the discussion if you think
>> it is time.
>
> Right now this review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51386/ does not
> pass the gates since the delete checks see that the training guides
> references files from the old Grizzly only Basic Install Guide.
>
> So, what shall we do to get it working? Looking at your comments above,
> I propose to just comment out the references in the training guide so
> that you can cleanup afterwards and adjust the links properly,

Hi,

Yup  - as Anne notes, this is the purpose of the email: a heads up ...
The install guides have undergone a big structural change, and I didn't
want to break the training-manuals :)  I wouldn't expect you to discover
this from reading all the reviews, and myself I was alerted to the
conflict myself by the very helpful 'delete' check script.

Action items:

Either:
1A) Comment out references to basic-install, or
1B) Update the references to an appropriate section

==> I can help with a combo of 1A/1B in this patch if you would find
that conveninent

Either:
2A) Select a particular distribution to target, or
2B) Make the training guides 'conditionalised' and output 3 of them (one
for each distro)

Regards,

Tom

Regards,