[Openstack-docs] Havana Install Guide - Status

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Sat Oct 12 12:09:22 UTC 2013

On 12/10/13 16:39, chandan kumar wrote:

> if you point me in the right direction, i can test the install docs on
> Fedora and RHEL for all the component.

That would be amazing!

Here's how to do it.

For Fedora/RHEL, open
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/install-guide/install/yum/content/

My suggestion would be to start at the beginning and work your way
though, reading the instructions and running the commands. Personally, I
prefer to start up a new virtual machine on my desktop to run the
installation inside of.

So far the Basic Operating System, Identity Service and Image service
chapters should be perfect. So if you can get to the end of them, great!

If you find something that doesn't work - especially if you work out how
to fix it, click on the big red bug icon in the top right and just write
what is wrong. We can then fix it.

This is the live guide we are working on right now, so it will be
changing a bit as you go - so hit refresh every time you start work on a
new section.

If you can contribute even a little bit of testing time, that would make
a big difference.

We're here on email and on freenode IRC at #openstack-doc for anything
that you think needs particular attention.

Regards,

Tom