[Openstack-docs] Uninstall or Remove openstack

atul jha stackeratul at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 10:16:40 UTC 2013

Vikas,

I was working on something similar but i could not.
One of the reason is with many automated options its not possible to
generalize & write uninstall doc.

As Anne mentioned you have to manually remove packages yourself if its
manual install & if your installation  was done using DevOps tools you can
use the same.

Thanks,
Atul

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Anne Gentle
<annegentle at justwriteclick.com>wrote:

> Here's an overview from the Operations Guide at
> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-ops/content/maintenance.html
>
> See the very last section:
>  Uninstalling
>
> While we'd always recommend using your automated deployment system to
> re-install systems from scratch, sometimes you do need to remove OpenStack
> from a system the hard way. Here's how:
>
>    -
>
>    Remove all packages
>    -
>
>    Remove reamining files
>    -
>
>    Remove databases
>
> These steps depend on your underlying distribution, but in general you
> should be looking for 'purge' commands in your package manager, like aptitude
> purge ~c $package. Following this, you can look for orphaned files in the
> directories referenced throughout this guide. For uninstalling the database
> properly, refer to the manual appropriate for the product in use.
>

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 6:22 AM, vikas rao <realworker99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How to uninstall/remove openstack in ubuntu 12.04.
>>
>> is there any commands, please send me..
>>
>> regards
>>
>> vikasa rao....

> Anne Gentle