[Openstack-docs] Auto-generating Ceilometer documentation.

Cyril Roelandt cyril.roelandt at enovance.com
Fri Nov 29 19:06:15 UTC 2013

On 11/29/2013 03:52 PM, Diane Fleming wrote:
> Right now, it generates only WADL files - the wrapper docbook files are created manually.
>
> The one issue is, how do we review the generated WADL files? Like with the auto-generated configuration options, any errors must be fixed in the code and not in the actual WADL files (or configuration tables). I think we need to make that process easier - right now, it's not clear how to make updates in either case. I know the configuration tables have a message that says not to edit them, and to edit the code directly, but I just give up when I see that - since I'm not sure how to actually do that.

I do not know the configuration options issue, as I'm not really
familiar with api-site. I think if you really want to review the WADL
files before the website is updated, then we cannot have a fully
automated process. A Jenkins build + a human patch submission, as
proposed by Anne would be a way to go.

Are there other projects that try to do automated builds of their
documentation ? If so, how do they do it ?

Cyril.