[Openstack-docs] Broken MySQL chapter

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com
Sat Nov 16 05:42:36 UTC 2013

Hey,

Le 15/11/2013 22:01, Anne Gentle a écrit :
> Any root cause we can avoid?

If we were dealing with code I'd say "we lack unit tests", but for
documentation it is probably very hard to manage (are there some tools
out there to test documentation?).

My feeling is that the bug itself is not a problem (a "broken" trunk is
not that big a deal) but it shouldn't have landed in the stable branch.
Maybe the commit that caused the problem was too large for a backport,
and/or the backport happened too quickly after the merge in master?

Maybe we should review how/when the backports are applied? What do you
think?

Gauvain

>> On Nov 15, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Gauvain Pocentek
>> <gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Looks like we almost lost the MySQL chapter in the install guide (at
>> least for ubuntu and RH). Would be nice to have it back soon :)
>>
>> I don't like to bug people for reviews but I'll make an exception
>> for this one ;)
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/56631
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gauvain

Gauvain Pocentek

Objectif Libre - Infrastructure et Formations Linux
http://www.objectif-libre.com