[Openstack-docs] Doc Team Meetings

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Nov 8 03:33:45 UTC 2013

On 02/11/13 04:30, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've updated the OpenStack calendar so that the every-other-week IRC
> meetings for the doc team are the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays rather than the
> 1st and 3rd. That means we won't meet next week during the Summit and
> helps us plan for the week after. I also remind you that we meet at the
> same time UTC regardless of daylight savings time changes.
>
> I do want to revisit the time differences as well. Aussies/APACers, are
> you willing to run an IRC meeting at a time that works well for you all?
> I can run one that works well for North America and Europe/Africa at
> another time if you all are ready to run your own. My starting proposal is:
>
> 2nd Tuesday, #openstack-meeting, 14:00:00 UTC
> 4th Tuesday, #openstack-meeting, 03:00:00 UTC
>
> We could also do 2nd and 4th Tuesday at the same time, 1st and 3rd at
> the same time. It appears that the #openstack-meeting channel is available.
>
> Please let us know your preferences here.

As an antipodean, I thought I'd better voice my opinion here. We have a
few southern hemisphere-dwellers now so I'd really like to see something
like your suggestion about 2nd and 4th in one TZ, and 1st and 3rd in
another. Something like this:

1st Tuesday, 03:00:00 UTC
2nd Tuesday, 14:00:00 UTC
3rd Tuesday, 03:00:00 UTC
4th Tuesday, 14:00:00 UTC

That way, if we need to, we can always shift one (or more) of those
meetings to pick up a third (Euro?) and possibly even fourth TZ in the
future.

With heavy hitters like Tom in AEST we should be able to manage,
provided he's happy with that of course.

Lana

PS: I used this to work out the times, if anyone's interested:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=12&month=11&year=2013&p1=47&p2=24&iv=0

--
Lana Brindley
Technical Writer