[Openstack-docs] What's Up Doc? May 24, 2013

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri May 24 19:03:51 UTC 2013

Hi Anne, Diane and the rest of the docu team,

I'm part of SUSE's cloud team and talked with my colleague Tanja Roth
from the SUSE documentation team this week and wanted to followup with
all of you after my vacation (which starts now and goes for two weeks).
But your nice summary contains one point where I think I should answer
directly:

On 05/24/2013 05:47 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> What's new with you? Here's what's new in OpenStack doc-land.
>
> [...]

> 2. High priority doc work:
> Diane's working on a user guide, as part of the refactoring. Please
> review the outline at
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprint-os-user-docs#Summary. I've
> given her (way too many) ideas for use cases, but more are welcomed as
> we shape this new deliverable.

We at SUSE have released our SUSE Cloud - which is a distribution based
on OpenStack - and have three manuals available, you can see all of them at:
https://www.suse.com/documentation/suse_cloud10/

There's also a user guide - and looking at the blueprint and at the
table of contents of SUSE's guide, I see a lot of high level overlap.
Thus, I wanted to point this out to everybody so that you can discuss
whether and in which way collaboration is possible.

The SUSE Documentation is under the Apache license and we can share our
XML sources for them,